By the way, bedtime for Naaya is now between 7-8pm and this leaves me with something that i haven't had experienced in a rather long time - 'me time'. Browsing, listening to some music (and dancing a bit too :p), finishing some of my new books, etc.
Getting Naaya into this routine, honestly wasn't easy, but thanks God i did it and things have drastically changed and now i get the time that i'm badly craved.
Here's how I get my baby into a routine:
- Chose a bedtime that was reasonable for your baby and for you
- Keep the lights low.
- Lower the TV volume or any voices around your baby
- Give the last milk just before 'bedtime', which her falls asleep with.
- Make sure their nappy has been changed and their pyjamas are on before the last milk.
- Once they fall asleep, take 'em to their bed, put their blanket and night light on and don't forget to give them goodnight kisses
- If your babies wakes, soothe back to sleep with potentially more milk (if needed), kisses, or cuddles
- Feet up and enjoy the rest of the night!